With gorgeous landscapes, amazing hiking trails, cool swimming holes, and more, Texas offers families a unique opportunity to connect with nature. Glamping in Texas for families provides the perfect blend of camping and comfort, making it the ideal getaway for families seeking unforgettable adventures.
Whether your family prefers to enjoy beautiful views while sitting outdoors, going on exciting hikes, taking part in kayaking adventures, or something else entirely, there is an amazing outdoor adventure waiting for you in this amazing state. Here’s everything you need to know about Texas family glamping so you can plan the ultimate getaway.
Embracing Nature with Style
Glamping—a fusion of glamor and camping—provides an elevated outdoor experience without compromising on comfort. Glamping accommodations allow visitors to be surrounded by nature while also sleeping in comfortable beds and enjoying modern amenities such as electricity and Wi-Fi.
It truly is the best of both worlds, and Texas—with its expansive plains, lush forests, and scenic vistas—offers an ideal canvas for these luxurious camping experiences.
We also must mention the fact that glamping allows guests to experience Texas culture at its finest. The state embodies a unique culture that’s seamlessly integrated into its glamping offerings. Families can immerse themselves in Texan hospitality, relish authentic barbecue dinners, and even participate in cowboy-themed activities like rodeos or line dancing.
Where to Glamp in Texas
Obviously, you will need to figure out where you are going to go to experience Texas glamping for families. Fortunately, there are a lot of options, so you shouldn’t have any trouble at all finding a spot to experience this unique kind of trip.
That said, some glamping spots are definitely better than others. Additionally, what works best for one family may not be ideal for the next.
Types of Glamping Accommodations
Wondering what to expect from your glamping accommodations? Some glamping options include the following:
- Safari-style Tents: Imagine staying in lavish, spacious tents equipped with cozy beds, stylish furnishings, and private bathrooms while being surrounded by the serene beauty of Texas Hill Country.
- Treehouses and Cabins: Nestled within dense forests or perched on the edge of rolling hills, these elevated accommodations offer families the chance to disconnect from the bustle of city life while reveling in modern amenities.
- Ranch Retreats: Experience the cowboy lifestyle in a refined manner at luxurious ranches offering glamping options. Enjoy horseback riding, campfires, and stargazing while still enjoying the comfort of well-appointed accommodations.
Top Texas Glamping Locations
Wondering where to find the best glamping in Texas for families? In our opinion, Texas Hill Country is the ideal spot to really immerse yourself in nature while also enjoying some luxury accommodations.
One excellent spot to set up camp is Outdoorsy Hill Country. This resort is equipped with glamping tents that provide everything you need to be 100% comfortable. You’ll find luxury beds and linens, high-speed internet, spa-like bathrooms, heat and air, and plenty of room for the whole family in our large, canvas retreats.
On top of the amazing luxury tents found in this resort, you’ll also find refreshing cowboy pools, lovely fire pits, and some of the most amazing sunrises and sunsets in the country.
Family-Friendly Activities in Texas
Obviously, you will want to make sure your crew has plenty to do while enjoying Texas family glamping. Fortunately, you can find fun, family-friendly activities around pretty much every corner in the Lone Star State, especially in the area of Outdoorsy Hill Country.
Let’s start with the amazing outdoor adventures that are scattered across this enormous state. Whether you prefer hiking, paddling, swimming, or fishing, you’re sure to find something to enjoy in the great outdoors:
- Hiking and Nature Trails: Texas boasts a plethora of trails catering to all skill levels. From the trails of Big Bend National Park to the gorgeous hiking at Enchanted Rock State Natural Area right by Outdoorsy Hill Country, families can explore diverse landscapes and witness breathtaking vistas.
- River Rafting, Tubing, and Paddling: With rivers like the Guadalupe and Frio offering calm waters suitable for families, glampers can enjoy leisurely floats or paddling sessions while taking in the scenic beauty of the surrounding areas.
- Swimming: Swimming holes are pretty much everywhere in Texas Hill Country, including our favorite: Blue Hole in Wimberley. Even outside of Hill Country, you’ll find plenty of lakes, streams, and other bodies of water that are just perfect for cooling off on a summer day.
- Fishing: Another thing that those bodies of water are just perfect for? Fishing, of course! Almost any state park with a lake will have some excellent fishing, so be sure to pack your rod and reel if you’re intent on casting a line.
- Stargazing: Escape the city lights and introduce children to the wonders of the night sky. Many glamping sites in Texas provide telescopes and knowledgeable guides for an immersive stargazing experience.
Big City Explorations
Of course, there is also the option of heading into the big city for some fun. While Texas is full of rural areas, there are enough big cities that most areas of the state aren’t too far from museums, zoos, and other family-friendly attractions:
- Museums — There are tons of amazing kid-friendly museums in the state of Texas. If you plan to find Hill Country glamping in Texas for families, you will be near many of these, including the Thinkery in Austin, the DoSeum in San Antonio, and the amazing Children’s Museum of Houston.
- Zoos — Zoos are another type of activity that is plentiful in Texas. Some of our favorite Texas zoos include the Houston Zoo, the Fort Worth Zoo, and the San Antonio Zoo. That said, pretty much any zoo you choose is sure to give your family a day full of fun.
- Amusement Parks — Looking for thrills during your time in Texas? If whitewater rafting isn’t enough, you might want to turn to the many amusement parks in the state. In particular, we recommend SeaWorld San Antonio, Morgan’s Wonderland, and any of the Six Flags Parks.
- Historical Sites — Visiting Texas historic sites is one of the best ways to add a bit of roadschooling to your Texas glamping adventures. Why not add a visit to the Alamo or San Antonio Missions National Historical Park to your itinerary?
- Dining — Of course, eating some local cuisine is a must on any family getaway. In Texas, this means trying some amazing barbecue (this is especially key if you visit Austin) and chowing down on some incredible Tex-Mex. We also highly recommend dessert at Amy’s Ice Creams.
Tips for a Memorable Glamping Experience
You’ll definitely want to do whatever you can to ensure you have the best experience possible while enjoying family glamping in Texas. Fortunately, most of the work is taken care of for you! That said, there are some steps you can take to help make things go smoothly.
While glamping offers quite a bit of luxury, you’ll still be spending a good chunk of time outside, and nobody can control the weather or nature. Therefore, you will need to pack for whatever Mother Nature might send your way.
Remember to bring essentials like sunscreen, insect repellent, and suitable clothing for outdoor activities. Any gear you need for outdoor activities (hiking boots, kayaks, etc) should also be added to your packing list.
Engage with Locals
Texas has a lot to offer when it comes to culture, hidden gems, and awesome residents. Interact with locals wherever you go to gain insights into what the area has to offer, along with the culture and history behind certain things. You may also end up making some new friends while you’re at it!
Unplug and Connect
Glamping is the perfect opportunity to disconnect from screens and indulge in quality family time. Use this time to share stories around the campfire, explore the great outdoors, and experience new things together. You’ll end up with some new core memories and a better family bond to boot. We can’t imagine better souvenirs to bring back from a vacation!
As you can see, glamping in Texas for families presents people of all ages with an enticing mix of adventure, luxury, and natural beauty. No matter your vacationing style, there’s a glamping experience for every family, promising unforgettable moments and a deeper appreciation for the Lone Star State’s diverse offerings.
Now is the time to get out there and experience Texas family glamping for yourself! Book your Outdoorsy Hill Country tent, pack your bags, leave behind the hustle and bustle, and embark on a glamping escapade that your family will cherish for years to come.